Last night I spoke at Zebulon Baptist. I talked through these passages and we stopped and prayed over many of them. Originally I just had the numbered points but added the stuff underneath to help you know where we went with them.
1. How is prayer possible? 1 Timothy 2:5
2. Pray differently. 1 Timothy 2:8; Psalms 10:12; John 11:41, 17:1
Stop praying a certain way out of tradition. Stop and pray with hands lifted and eyes toward heaven.
3. How do we pray? Matthew 6:5-13
Really focus on Jesus words in the first part of the passage and then Stop and pray Jesus model pray together.
4. Pray for all men, leaders, etc. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Stop and pray for our leaders and all men, especially those who are suffering. Pray for Haiti, but remember that Haiti was bad before the earthquakes, who else do we need to be praying for?
5. Pray for our city. Jeremiah 29:7
Stop and pray specifically for the city.
6. Pray because we are at war! Ephesians 6:10-20
Spiritual warfare is very real; pray the armor of God over yourself, and others who are on the front lines of the war.
7. Pray without ceasing and give thanks in all things. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Now go, and pray all the time, whenever someone or something pops into your mind pray for them/it.