I spoke at Zebulon tonight, here is a summary of what I said...
Lessons on how to pray from Nehemiah
“I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.” Martin Luther
“If you are too busy to pray, you are too busy. Cut something out.” D.A. Carson
1. When crisis hit, Nehemiah responded by praying.
How do you respond in crisis?
2. Nehemiah prayed with persistence.
How quick do you give up on your prayers?
3. Nehemiah prayed humbly.
There is no room for pride when going to God
4. Nehemiah prayed with personal sacrifice.
Do you pray or fast? If not, why?
5. Nehemiah praised God in his prayer.
Meditate on the fact that we get to go to God in prayer & who He is.
6. Nehemiah repented in his prayer.
Nehemiah brought the sin of his people, family, and himself before God. What sin are you keeping tucked away?
7. Nehemiah prepared and planned as he prayed.
Are you asking God to move yet acting like he never will?
8. Nehemiah asked for something only God could do.
Do you prayer man sized or God sized prayers?